Scenic, exciting and fun things to do in Boise
Boise is a beautiful city that offers many different things to see and do for all ages. Whether it is a short drive or walk, there are scenic, exciting and fun things located everywhere.
1. Warm Springs Golf Course is only a short drive from downtown Boise. This well-groomed tended greens golf course sits within the midst of tall shade trees along the Boise River. It has eighteen holes, spacious fairways and is a champion course. Warm Springs Golf Course offers a golf camp, lessons and more. This Golf course is operated by the Boise Parks and Recreation and is very affordable.
2. Idaho Ice World is a recreational center where the entire family can go and have fun. Some of the fun things to do are ice hockey and figure skating. Prices are very affordable.
4. Zoo Boise is a small zoo operated in Downtown Boise. It has a collage of wonderful animals such as big cats and a giraffe. Small children would adore a visit to this zoo. Prices are very good.
5. Public pools can be found in many locations of Boise. Borah Pool, Ivywild Pool, and Natatorium Pool and Hydrotube are just a few. These pools have swimming lessons for the youth and diving boards. Most have concession facilities. Natatorium Pool and Hydrotube is really fun because of the hydrotube. Borah Pool has a separate spray ground that all ages enjoy.
6. Greenbelt Overlook is just one of many the places locals and visitors can stop to enjoy the wildlife in Boise. Nature lovers will enjoy the awesome diversity of the wildlife such as wood ducks, Canadian geese, deer and eagles. The maintained 22.5 miles of wondrous and scenic trails run alongside the serene Boise River Greenbelt corridor. Spend the day walking the trails and enjoy. This area is maintained by Boise Parks and Recreations and is open to the public. The Idaho Fish and Game Wildlife Habitat is open for visitors.
7. Boise has many different types of restaurants. Rockies Diner is a 1950s style diner with skating waitresses and rock-and roll-music. Children and adults will enjoy eating their hamburgers here. One of Boise's premier restaurants is the Red Feather Lounge. It is a very stylish and modern restaurant. Try their delicious Short Rib Risotto or Spicy Lamb Burger. They even have a wine cellar that can be booked. Prices are reasonable and there is no dress code.
There are many more interesting, scenic and fun places to visit in Boise, Idaho. These are just a few of the highlights.